Friday, September 4, 2009

My Lord's prayer...

My God,
who is in heaven,
who watches over me,
those I love
and those I haven't yet met.
There's endless glory
in Your name.
The awesomeness
of Your creation
and of Your goodness
reflects Your greatness.
Guide me
to do Your will,
to use my life
to reflect You.
Give me today
my daily bread,
provide for me
what I need
and stir my soul
into renewed
and continued
passion for You.
Forgive me.
Forgive my sins,
my disobedience,
my lack of trust,
my lack of compassion
and my narcissism.
Forgive me
as only You
are able to,
so that in knowing
Your forgiveness
I might learn
to forgive
those in my life
who have hurt me,
betrayed me,
used me,
abused me
and probably will again,
just as I will them,
and will return to You
to seek Your forgiveness.
Teach me mercy
and compassion
through Your grace.
Guide me to Your glory
when I might stumble.
Test me,
break me,
crush me,
love me-
whatever I need
to know You
and to glorify You.
Protect me,
and keep me
Your child,
Forever and ever.

Amen.

No comments: